Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
For the meatloaf:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the potatoes:
- 3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 cup of the ketchup, parsley, salt, and pepper with your hands until evenly combined. Place mixture in a disposable loaf pan or form your own out of aluminum foil.
Arrange potatoes in the bottom of the instant pot in an even layer. Pour broth or water over the top. Place the wire rack that comes with the instant pot over the potatoes. Set meatloaf on top.
Close lid, make sure steam release is set to sealed, and set to manual mode (on high pressure) for 25 minutes. Once done, use quick release to release pressure.
Remove meatloaf using handles on wire rack and drain off any extra liquid. Brush with remaining ketchup and, if desired, place under broiler in oven for 3 minutes to caramelize.
Meanwhile, add heavy cream or half-and-half, sour cream, butter, and salt and pepper to the potatoes in the instant pot and mash until creamy. Enjoy!