Cheesy Ham Potato Bake
- 30 ounce package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 12 ounce package pre-cooked ham steak, diced
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10.75 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounce container sour cream
- ½ cup butter, melted
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Stir hash browns, ham, Cheddar cheese, onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and butter in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake until bubbly and cheese is melted, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove foil and continue baking until brown, about 15 minutes more.
Cook’s Note: A nice topping for this is some lightly crunched up Ruffles(R) regular potato chips. They add a nice crunch factor to the casserole. I use them as a garnish when I serve it so they do not get mushy!