3 Ingredients Banana Bread
This was the best banana bread I have ever made. Came out so moist and absolutely delicious. It’s very easy to make as well which is an added bonus. The bananas I had were quite small so I used 4, I only had self-raising flour so omitted the baking powder and salt, and added 5ml of vanilla extract. I am so happy to have found this recipe….no more throwing over-ripe bananas away. The problem is my 4-year-old loves it so much I’ll be baking this every week.
- 5 medium overripe bananas + 1 ripe banana to garnish
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 2¼ cups SASKO Self-Raising Flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 and grease a loaf tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas lightly using a fork.*Chef’s Tip: If your bananas are underripe, place them on a tray in their skins and bake at 180 for 15-18 minutes until blackened on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Pour in the condensed milk and mix well.
- Sieve the flour over condensed milk-banana mixture and fold in until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf tin. If desired, arrange two banana halves over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top becomes too dark during cooking time, cover with foil.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Slice the banana bread while still warm spread generously with butter and ENJOY!